Kingdom Of Amoare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom Of Amoare

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Escaping the Madness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Inevitable

Inevitable

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Escaping the Madness Empty
PostSubject: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 11:33 pm

Summary: Characters read and borrow books
Characters: Autumn and Luke

PRIVATE

Autumn Lancaster walked into the empty Library and sighed, relieved to finally be in silence. All of the castle people had gathered in the Dining Hall gossiping and chatting so there was a roar of voices. The old ladies would point and say, "She's too skinny!" "What are they feeding that child, sprouts? "That dress is cut too low for a lady." But ofcourse all of this was behind her back, or so they thought. They were only conserned, Autumn knew this....but it was still irritating.

She breathed in the warm, sweet-smelling air of the library. Autumn loved to read but often couldn't find the time to sit down and do so. She glided, her eyes rumedging through the large shelves of hardbacked books stacked way above her head all the way to the floor. The shelves were pushed against the dark blue walls and made them barely visable. In the middle of the room stood a maze a even more shelves, all packed with literature.

She wore her navy dress with silver jewels on the front. It drug clumsily behind her, making it difficult to manuver but it still looked beautiful on her. She took her index finger and gently slid it across every book on the shelf...reading the titles to herself. She took off her uncomfortable shoes and held them in her hand....skimming the books for something to read
Back to top Go down
MoonKnight

MoonKnight

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 9:34 am

Luke walked into the library. He was bored and had nothing better to do, he sat at a nearby table and looked around. He sighed, then got up and to skim the books. He was not much of a reader, he hated during his lesons, but for now it would work.

As he was coming up from looking at the bottom self of books, he literally ran into Autumn Lancaster. "Autumn! Fancy seeing you here." He immediately thought of the lake. He grinned. "So what brings you to the library...was it..wanting to read a good book? Or laugh at the comments that you are getting from two hags over there?" He pointed with his eyes, to the two little old ladies whispering and looking at Autumn.
Back to top Go down
Inevitable

Inevitable

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 pm

As she skimmed through the library for a book to read, Autumn swung her shoes back and forth as she walked...dragging the dress behind her. She walked to the middle of the room, into the maze of shelves. She heard the door open and briefly wondered who the visiter was. She finally found something interesting. A large black book with golden letters on it's spine. It was titled, CREATURES WHO WONDER THE DARK (Werewolves, Vampires, Centaurs and much more).

Autumn stood on her tip-toes trying to reach it from the tall shelf above her head. Her fingers barely got a hold of the spine before she tugged hard, puling the book off the shelf. The amount of force in which she tugged might have been a little too much because the book came tumbling down making Autumn run backwards into the shelf behind her. Suddenly she collided with an object bent down, low to the floor.

With a thud, she landed on her bottom and the book in her lap. She pushed her dark brown hair out of her eyes to see what had made her fall and found herself peering into a pair of light brown eyes. She blinked her blue eyes and a grin formed accross her face.

"Autumn! Fancy seeing you here. So what brings you to the library...was it..wanting to read a good book? Or laugh at the comments that you are getting from two hags over there?"

She let out a cackle and glanced at the two ladies drinking thier tea. "I was just trying to get this," she held up the book showing it's cover to Luke Pierce. "I'm so clumsy. Your not hurt are you?" she said, tucking her hair behing her ear with her left hand. "Just wanted to do some light reading. I thought this would be interesting." She was always fasinated by the fact that there was even the possibility of these half-humans living so close to her. With the woods so far away, she was planning on talking a night prowl, much like the one her sister had made (but hopefully less dangerous.)

She pondered on if she should tell Luke about these plans, considering if he would like to come along. But she would wait until the conversation got deeper. Right now she was sitting on the dusty Library floor, but was perfectly content... happy that he had come to join her.

She starred at his features. He was incredibly handsome and had been ever since he was small. But when she was a child she would have never admitted it. He WAS three years older than her and to a 13 year old, that was quite a big difference. Now she was 17 and he 20. They were closer in maturity, now. Her cheeks felt numb due to the fact that she had been smiling for so long.
Back to top Go down
MoonKnight

MoonKnight

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:47 pm

Luke watched her fall. He held back his laughter, but not for long. "I'm not hurt, are you?" He laughed. "Reading huh?" He took the book, CREATURES WHO WONDER THE DARK (Werewolves, Vampires, Centaurs and much more) Luke instantly became nervous. "Uhh, yeah, that does seem interesting." He took his left hand and runned the back of his neck. What if she finds out....maybe I should go on and tell her. Luke's mind raced, he was worried that his secret would get out.

He stared at her, She seemed so curious. He eyes had a sparkle, and her smooth skin made him was to touch it. But he remembered that tonight was another full moon, Luke did seem pale, and nervous. "So, how about we put this book up and talk. You can read it again later?" He asked?
Back to top Go down
Inevitable

Inevitable

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 7:32 pm

Autumn smiled at Luke. She put the book down beside her and twirled her hair with her index finger. She loved being in his precence. "So, Sir Lucas... how are you this fine evening?" she asked politely. She ran her fingers through his brown hair. "Are you feeling okay? These past few days you don't look like you feel well. You are handsome...as alway.. but you look so tired. Maybe you should get more sleep." She smiled revealing her white teeth.

"You know, I love reading about these...creatures.... they are so misunderstood... I would love to meet one of them," She said. "Just to talk to them would be nice."
Back to top Go down
MoonKnight

MoonKnight

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:04 pm

He laughed when she said Sir. "Autumn Love, you can call me Luke." He grinned. "ANd Actually, I am quite fine...now that I'm with you." He stared into her breath-taking blue eyes. "And Yourself?" Shivers ran up and down his spine as she ran her fingers in his hair. "Yes, I'm fine, No, I get plenty of sleep thank you very much." He smirked. "Maybe you should get more sleep Love, You look tired as well."

He got nervous again. "Yes I know that you love to read about them...but it's hard to talk about them." He stuttered. Yes we are missunderstood. He laughed. "Talk to one?! I don't care how beautiful you are...they will rip you apart...limb from limb.." his smiled disappeared. Would I do that...to the woman I love? Luke was lost in thought. He loved her with all his heart..but she was in deserving more...more than him. "Autumn...There are things that you don't know about me...And if you know...I'm afraid that you will be...afraid of me...never look at me the same, or Look me in my eyes." His voice sounded sad, and his heart was breaking.
Back to top Go down
Inevitable

Inevitable

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:30 pm

Autumn starred into his eyes. "I don't care what you say, I know who you are... you spill out your true personality to me and only me and that is a treasure I hold dear to my heart." she paused. "You will never be able to scare me away no matter what you say. And I could never not look you in the eyes... they are just too breath-taking." she blushed.

She touched his cheek. "Rip me apart limb to limb?....I would love to talk to them in the day,when they are human, listen to thier stories. I just... would want to watch them and hope they don't find me." she laughed at her ridiculous thoughts.

"Like... if I encountered a werewolf... do you think they know what they are doing... do they have a conscience?" She asked as though he would know... but he seemed very knowledgable about thee things... SHe knew he was hidding something.. but when he wanted to tell her, if he wanted to, he would. She told him this, that she would never pesture him to get information out of him.

"Whatever it is...I will not run... it will still be the same between us.. I promise."
Back to top Go down
MoonKnight

MoonKnight

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:04 pm

Luke shook his head. "There are many things..many secrets. That you do not know." He sighed. "I should tell you...you need to know but it is so hard." He looked to the floor, and ran his fingers through his short hair. She blushed and he touched her cheek with is rough, Knight hands. "You deserve much better than this...you know?"

"Some werewolves are cruel and evil when they are human. But I'm not." He chose his words carefully. "Stories? Most don't remember them." He nodded. "It's like, they know who you are, but they can't control anything. He could kill his best friend and can't do anything about it." He sighed once more.

Luke took a deep breath, and looked around to see if anyone was listening. No one was, and he took both of her hands in his. He squeezed them. "What I am about to tell you can NOT be said to anyone else. It must stay within you, and ONLY you. ok?" He whispered. Again Luke looked around. "When I was a child, just before Aidan came to live with me..I encountered a werewolf. He was strong...and fierce. I couldn't fight him, for I was a minor. Unskilled. He tackled me to the ground...and sunk his teeth deep into my shoulder." He pulled his shirt down and showed the huge scar. "Thus, beginning my time as a werewolf." He looked to the ground. Waiting for her reaction, for her to run.
Back to top Go down
Inevitable

Inevitable

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 11:22 pm

Autumn was horror struck. SHe had expected herself to remain calm and be completely understanding, but she was scared. She tried her hardest not to show her emotions, but that was easier said than done. She looked up at him with sad eyes. "I'm so sorry Luke," she stated sadly. Suddenly everything came clear; everytime he had to leave early when they where out at night, why he looked so tired all of a sudden and then suddenly was all better.

Tears filled her eyes and she didn't know exactly why. The only solution she could think of is that she felt his pain and suffering in her heart. Here she sat, having everything handed to her...never having to lose someone she loved, never feeling any pain. And she knew she could never be what he needed.

She lunged toward him and wrapped her arms tightly around his chest. She was speechless, there was nothing she could say to change the fact that he could kill her and not even realize it. She thought back on the memories in the past. Images formed in her head. She recalled watching him smile, making two dimbles in his cheeks, she remembered the feeling of excitement and danger when she encountered him. He made her happier than anyone possibly could. She whispered, "I am still yours," tears flowed down her cheeks, "and will be only yours until the end of time." She closed her eyes and felt his warm embrace. Her mouth spoke but her heart still ached.

But still, she remained shocked. She backed away from him. She just needed a moment....a moment to think all of this through...to grasp the news. She stood up and put her hand over her head, it ached when she made quick movements.

She needed to distract her thoughts a bit."But Luke... when is the next full moon?" she asked looking into his tired face.

The thoughts swarmed in her head... SHe could not stand the question any longer... it had to be answered."Is there anything I can do to... to be with you safely after you transform...surely Aidan knows doesn't he? How do you know not to attack him?" she whispered.
Back to top Go down
MoonKnight

MoonKnight

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 1:54 pm

He watched her carefully, so he could understand her actions. "Don't apologize. There is nothing you can do." He simply said. IT was the truth, she couldn't do anything. He looked to the floor as tears filled her eyes. He couldn't watch her cry. He played with his fingers, and wouldn't look up.

He felt her arms wrap around him. I'm still yours....untill the end of time Astonished, he wrapped both of his arms around her. He couldn't lose something like her, he needed her. To be with him..ntill the end of time.

The full moon...the words rang in his head. "Tonight." he whispered. He looked out the window, the sun is setting, he has to leave soon. "I have to go soon. Autumn promise me that you will stay in the castle tonight." he paused, and put both of his hands on her shoulders, "Promis me please?" He begged. He would surely kill her. Or worse, give her a terrible fate.

"YEs, Aidan knows, but I've been around him all my life, I know him, and he can take care of himself." He again looked to the floor. "Promise me Autumn."
Back to top Go down
Inevitable

Inevitable

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 2:32 pm

"Promise me Autumn." She heard him beg and closed her eyes. She swallowed the lump in her throat and starred up at him.

"I...I..." she stuttered. She had no intention of staying inside the castle. It was a full moon and she wanted to be with him. She knew he would never let her, but still that did not calm her desire. She looked at his face and watched it get paler and paler. "I will go straight to my room," she stated. Yes, this was true...but she did not say anything about staying there. She had a great gamblers face, in which she maintained, in almost a cold expression.

Suddenly her cluttered thoughts vanished, were wiped clean. She thought of a way...a loophole. A werewolfs bite was as poison. Once the saliva enters a body it is spread rapidly and within minutes flows through the entire body. What if he bit her... Then they could spend eternity together...happily. The thought of pain....only encouraged her... She was almost hysterical. She smiled weakly and pulled him close. His body was warm but she could feel his strength declining.

She stood on her tip-toes and placed her lips upon his. A kiss! Her body weakened to match his...it was as though she gave him her strength and took on his weakness. Nothing in the world existed besides Luke and her. The library shelves vanished...and she felt as though she was floating on air. Everything would be right in the world...after tonight....after the pain...after the bite... and unfortunitly after the kiss.
Back to top Go down
MoonKnight

MoonKnight

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 pm

He looked at her with meanigful eyes, He knew better. She wasn't going to promise and he knew it. But at least he tried. He looked towards the floor as he stood up.

He felt sadness stinging in his heart. Luke doesn't want her to come. He should know better than to think she wouldn't come. He wants her to have dreams, she doesn't deserve to be tied down to a werewolf,

"Autumn..you deserve someone much better than me. I'm just a creature, I am nothing." He said sadly. But then he felt her soft lips upon his. Kissing her back, he knew that she was all he wanted.

Luke broke the kiss, "I must go now." He pressed his forehead against hers. "I love you." He whispered. He walked towards the door.

Back to top Go down
Inevitable

Inevitable

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 3:20 pm

Autumn felt the kiss broken and craved for more. "Autumn..you deserve someone much better than me. I'm just a creature, I am nothing." He whispered.

"No, I want my werewolf," she whispered and watched him turn and leave. Glancing at the setting sun, she picked up her book and held it close. Feeling silly that she fingered it's spine and remembered that he touched it. She held her dress close and walked to a table...ready for a little research before she risked her.

She opened up the old book and turned to a random page, reading. "Werewolves and Vampires are virtually immortal beings...a werewolf can only be destroyed by penetration of silver. Vampires can be killed only when stabbed in the heart by a wooden stake."

Autumn gasped. Luke would live forever...even after she died he would still roam the earth without her. She breathed heavily...intaking all of the information. If she was biten she would be immortal...to see everyone she loved die and her live on forever. She bit her lip and glanced outside. She must run to her room before she ventures into the woods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Escaping the Madness   Escaping the Madness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escaping the Madness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom Of Amoare :: Second Floor :: Library-
Jump to: