Share | 

Old Friends

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thatcher

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Old Friends   Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:17 pm

Benjamin tapped lightly on the door of the Royal Office. He had been in the Kingdom a few weeks, but had not got the chance to talk to his old frien, William.

He opened the door and peeped his curly brown haired head in and smiled a wide smile. He embraced the King in a hug and patted him on the back. "My, you look old," he joked. "Your daughters have grown so much I could barley recongnize them... though I had trouble recongizing my own son as well." He gave a weak smile. "So young...they just don't understand." He shook his head slowly. "How has my boy been doing? I haven't spoken to him recently...he is avoiding me, I think. I put a lot of weight on his shoulders inforing him about Grayson."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:45 pm

William heard a light tap on the door. "My, you look old," HE looked up, and saw Ben Thatcher. "Don't look so good yourself mate." He said as if he were young again. He has aged, a lot since he's seen he's last seen his friend. He stood up and hugged his friend. "Your daughters have grown so much I could barley recongnize them... though I had trouble recongizing my own son as well." HE nodded, "Autumn, yes, she's to be married to dear Luke Pierce, fine man he grew up to be." sighed, "Yes, Kairi and Autumn have grown. It's hard to think that after all I've done for Kairi, she's angry at me. BUt of course, I would be angry too, promising her that she could marry who she chooses, but for the kingdom..She's in love with your boy you know. Very hard thing to lose. She has refused." He sighed again. You could see the wrinkles in his skin from stress and worry. It's hard to be King..and please his daughters.

So young...they just don't understand. How has my boy been doing? I haven't spoken to him recently...he is avoiding me, I think. I put a lot of weight on his shoulders inforing him about Grayson." William looked up, "Aidan is a good boy, indeed. Though he is troubled, he won't talk to me..The only person he's been talking, to mu knowlegde is Kairi lately. They have such a strong bond. Why am I to ruin it Ben?" He asked with sadness in his tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thatcher

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:09 pm

"Autumn, yes, she's to be married to dear Luke Pierce, fine man he grew up to be." sighed, "Yes, Kairi and Autumn have grown. It's hard to think that after all I've done for Kairi, she's angry at me. BUt of course, I would be angry too, promising her that she could marry who she chooses, but for the kingdom..She's in love with your boy you know. Very hard thing to lose. She has refused."

Benjamin seated himself in the large comfortable chair infront of the kings desk. He rubbed his upper lip and chin and starred at the man he used to sword fight with, the one who would join him in being the life of the party along with Luke. "Just think, William. What if you had to make a sacrifce like that....marry the enemy. I understand that Prince Erec his a good man, but still. You remember when we were young, we felt so free and only saw the possiblities that lie ahead of us." He thought of Aidan and how hard life was for him. He remembered seeing him smile when he danced with Kairi at the ball and how she calmed his anger. Such a temper his son had, he got it from Benjamin himself.

"I look to Luke and only see his father, and I look to my only son and see so much of myself in him, and so much of his mother. God rest her soul. Parenting is hard, I don't see how you manage it all. William, you don't have to ruin it. There are other ways to solve problems them a treaty marriage. But those aren't as easy or as secure. Arranged marriages are so common, and they most likley turn out to be fine, love marriages...they fail, they die..." he paused and looked out the window suddenly filled with deep sadness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:49 pm

Aidan loudly knocked on the door to the Royal office. He had been informed that the King wanted to talk to him. He dreaded the meeting and was ushered into the room by the kings servants. With a scowl written across his face, he would follow orders and appear in front of the king, but he wouldnot be happy about it. For this man seemed to think he wasnt' good enough for his oldest daughter, Kairi. His thoughts drifted towards her, and he smiled to himself. Quickly he wipped it way and opened the door and peared his head in. His gaze fell upon his father and he raised his eyebrows and looked to the King.

"I'm sorry if I am interupting something, but I was informed that you would like to speak to me, your majesty." He said through his teeth, avoiding his fathers gaze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends   

Back to top Go down

Old Friends
Page 1 of 1