Kingdom Of Amoare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom Of Amoare

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To forgive, or not to forgive?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2007-07-20

To forgive, or not to forgive? Empty
PostSubject: To forgive, or not to forgive?   To forgive, or not to forgive? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 6:16 pm

Summary: Aidan and his father finally talk
Characters: Aidan and Benjamin Thatcher
Private

Aidan's reflection peared back at him as he stood looking at the Armor through the glass. There were quite a large number or shields, helmets, and chest guards with special knights names had been engraved to honor them. A gold shield stood out in the midst of all the shiny silver and a helmet of the same metal lay over top of it. His brown eyes squinted to read the engravings. Lucas Pierce was scribbled in a fine, italized handwriting. Aidan examined it closer and remembered the tall, Luke-look-alike tell him and his friend tales of his past adventures. He moved away and put his hands behind his back when he heard footsteps. The armor was not allowed to be touched, and Aidan did not want to appear suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Thatcher

Thatcher

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: To forgive, or not to forgive?   To forgive, or not to forgive? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Benjamin Thatcher walked slowly, trying not to frighten away his son. Aidan, his only son, stood observing the Armor Gallery. He wanted despritely to talk to him, tell him the truth, but he was al,ost certain he would not even give him a chance.

"He was a good man," he said starring at the only golden piece in view. Lucas was his closest companian, and he was devistated when he heard of his death. Extreme sorrow showered over his when he thought of his last good-bye in which was hot tempered and regretable. Lucas has demanded that he stay with his child, that he would protect Ben's family and that he didn't have to worry.

He looked down at the ground and then glanced up Aidan. "Will you just let me explain?" He asked weakly.
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

PostSubject: Re: To forgive, or not to forgive?   To forgive, or not to forgive? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:13 pm

Aidan looked back at his approaching father and let out a breath of aggrivation.

"He was a good man," Benjamins voice stated. Aidan rolled his eyes and faced his father.

"A better man than you," he said coldly. Lucas had taken him in, treated him as his own, while his own blood turned his back on him.

"Will you just let me explain?" He sighed once more. He was too tired to be angry. He was emotionless, empty. On Kairi he had used up all of his sadness and anger. Numb, he was indeed.

"What is there to explain?" He asked. "You and Mum got scared of your own 10 year old and ran far away so you wouldn't be bothered....so I wouldn't be a burdon to you any longer."
Back to top Go down
Thatcher

Thatcher

PostSubject: Re: To forgive, or not to forgive?   To forgive, or not to forgive? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:27 pm

Benjamin shook his head slowly, disagreing with every word Aidan was saying. "What you do not understand is that...." he paused choosing his words wisely, "I didn't leave because of you, I left for your safety." He described the sequence of events slowly, occationally glancing up at Aidan to see how he was intaking all of the information.

He paused after the story was through. He told him of how his older brother knocked on his door and told him that thier mother had ran away from a life of royalty. He told Aidan that he was the next in line to rule Grayson and that a group of people were hunting him down, planning to kill him so they could rule and continue thier plan to take over every kingdom. So he had to run and leave his only son safely behind so that if anything happened, the 'rebellions' would not take over and cause futher distruction. He fled the country and put Aidan in the best protection possible, the Pierce's. He told him that Katherine and himself were not scared about the rapid change and that they were willing to accept it.

"How could you have thought such things? Did you not think we loved you?" He asked in the same sad tone as Aidan.
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

PostSubject: Re: To forgive, or not to forgive?   To forgive, or not to forgive? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 7:39 pm

Aidan listened to him talk intensly. The sound of his familiar voice ringed in his ears. He was confused. The story sounded farfetched and unbelievable. Aidan rubbed his chin slowly and stood staring at the armor. He believed him, he did not know why...but he did.

"I don't know, I was ten....what was I to think?" He asked. Then the realization came to him. "So you could have been king? What happened after you left? Where did you go?" He was immensly interested....Was his father a king? Was he a prince? Thousands of questions flooded his mind.
Back to top Go down
Thatcher

Thatcher

PostSubject: Re: To forgive, or not to forgive?   To forgive, or not to forgive? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 5:41 pm

"So you could have been king? What happened after you left? Where did you go?" Ben crossed his arms and starred at the glass.

"After we left, we traveled from city to city, kingdom to kingdom. Until one day were caught, and drug to the castle. There your mother and I escaped and killed those who tried to kill us...well I killed them, your mother ran to get the horses...she was too pure at heart to ever look death in the eye, until she died. Her death was quick and painless...just a simple cold and fever that lasted three moons and then she was gone. We spent 20 good years together, my only regret is that she could have seen you." His voice was slow and dreary, as if he regretted speaking of her. "Then I took my rightful place as king in the unorganized government and fixed it from the groud up. Making it to fit the people, the poor people who had been treated horribly and thrown into prisions for no reason. Then I handed it over to a dear friend of mine, I no longer found it nessesary for my rule, and handed it over to someone i trusted." He paused and intook a deep breath.

"That is why I have come to you, to make peace and to tell you that I can show you the world. After you are named fist knight, you are allowed to travel the world, adventure into the unknown. This castle is a good place, safe and cozy...but sometimes, those wild at heart seek more. And I can show you that."
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

PostSubject: Re: To forgive, or not to forgive?   To forgive, or not to forgive? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:12 pm

"That is why I have come to you, to make peace and to tell you that I can show you the world. After you are named fist knight, you are allowed to travel the world, adventure into the unknown. This castle is a good place, safe and cozy...but sometimes, those wild at heart seek more. And I can show you that," Benjamin said.

Aidan starred at his father, bewildered. All of this sounded good. Escaping from the castle...escaping from his misery. He could run away from the hold that Kairi had on him, run away from the horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach when he looked at her. His father could offer him freedom. But did he want to run away from all of those he knew, and why did his father keep on mentioning 'the wild at heart.' Yes, Aidan did have a wild spirit, and ofcourse an animal sense, but he was still confused.

Could he really run away from his troubles, away from Kairi? Could he go through every single day without her? Aidan placed his hand to his chin and scratched the small black beard he was growing.

"If you were king, would that make me prince?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To forgive, or not to forgive?   To forgive, or not to forgive? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To forgive, or not to forgive?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kingdom Of Amoare :: Second Floor :: Armor Gallery-
Jump to: